Have you ever put a site live and realised some time later you haven’t unticked the “Discourage Search Engines From Indexing Your Site”? This plugin is for you.
This plugin will warn you should you have blocked search engines in your blog. If you then move the database from your developmental site to your live installation, or change your blog’s domain URL, then the warning will reappear, and not move until you have either unblocked search engines or made the plugin aware you have changed domains.
- Upload the plugin (unzipped) into `/wp-content/plugins/`.
- Activate the plugin under the “Plugins” menu.
- If your site is invisible to search engines, a big error box appears on the top of the screen. It will instruct you on what to do after that.
Keep Upto Date
To get updates on Check Search Engine Visibility on Migration as well as all our other plugins and sites, please subscribe to our mailing list below.
Like This Plugin?
If you like this plugin, we would love it if you do one of the following:-
- Please tweet that you like this plugin .
- Please can you leave us a great review on WordPress.org
Many of our plugins we give away for free and are supported for free. If you like it, please show support by donating to the plugin below. All donations are gratefully received and do help development. Please consider it if this plugin saves your arse when you put a site live and forgetting to untick the “Discourage Search Engines” box!
Please Contact Us.
This project is on Github. You can view the repository here.