Inline Tweet sharer is a plugin that allows you to share content like the New York Times . If you look at their website, they have links for memorable quotes that you can click on to share on twitter. Use this to help create intrigue with your writing and allow easily sharable facts on your WordPress website.
As well as the quote, you can also add prefix and suffixes, as well as adding attribution to twitter users. All tweets contain links back to the source, so you can help increase traffic to your site from social media.
Straight out of the box, the links are styled as links on your site. However through one change, you can style the links so they stand out as tweetable quotes, with a default style. With a little bit of CSS know-how, you can style links however you wish.
- Download the plugin and unzip the plugin into it’s own folder in wp-content/plugins.
- Log into your site and go to Plugins > Installed, and activate “Inline Tweet Sharer”.
- Go to Settings > Inline Tweet Sharer and set up the plugin how you wish.
The CSS classes for the plugin are the following:-
- a.inline-twitter-link - style for the entire link.
- a.inline-twitter-link span – style for the twitter logo at the end of the link.
- a:hover.inline-twitter-link – style for the entire link with when hovered over it.
- a:hover.inline-twitter-link span - style for the twitter logo at the end of the link when hovered.
If you want this plugin customised to this site – Winwar Media offer a CSS Customisation service, for £100 we will style the plugin as you wish.
Please click the link below to purchase and then contact us with your site details.
From version 1.3 onwards you can integrate Inline Tweet Sharer with bit.ly, so you can track traffic from your Inline Tweet Sharer links. To set this up, please do the following.
- Go to the OAuth App Creation Page on bit.ly at https://bitly.com/a/oauth_apps
- Click the “Get Registration Code” button to get a registration code emailed To You.
- Go to your email and click the link on the email sent to you.
- You will be sent to the bitly.com create application page. On this page, add the following:-
- For Application Name, put your site name.
- For Application Link, put your site URL.
- For Redirect URIs, put your site URL.
- Put anything you wish for the “Brief description of your application”.
- When created, on the Generate Access Token, confirm your password and click “Generate Token”.
Keep Upto Date
To get updates on Inline Tweet Sharer as well as all our other plugins and sites, please subscribe to our mailing list below.
Many of our plugins we give away for free and are supported for free. If you like it, please show support by donating to the plugin below. All donations are gratefully received and do help development. Please consider it especially if you’re after features developed.
The translations for this plugin are credited to the following people:-
- Italian – Davide De Maestri
Found a Bug?
If you have found a bug, please contact us
Like Inline Tweet Sharer?
If you like this plugin, we would love it if you do one of the following:-
- Please tweet that you like this plugin .
- Please can you leave us a great review on WordPress.org
This plugin is on Github. You can view the repository here.